Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Busy Weekend

Yes, I have fallen behind again in posting. Adam and Dylan are playing Wii so I am stealing a few minutes to do some catch-up.

On Friday, Kimberly & I took the boys to Enchanted Island with the MOMS Club. (MO was at school.) Dylan, Connor & Adam had fun on the train, carousel, cars, boats, etc.
Horseback riding on the carousel with Connor. Both boys preferred the animals that stood still.

It was too sunny for a good shot of the boys, but what a cool car!

Adam is scared of heights and has never wanted to go on the helicopters before. I was proud of him for trying. He enjoyed it for a minute or two then started to get scared. Fortunately, he was the only kid on the ride at the time so the operator brought him right down.

He had a great time on the bumper boats... until he got caught in a water fall! Still, he was a great sport about it and had fun on other rides while he dried off. Luckily it wasn't a cold day!
After we got home from the park, Adam and I played his favorite board game - Sequence for Kids. He was so funny putting the chips over his eyes I had to share a picture.



On Saturday, the kids and I met Gina, Mason & Madeline at Chandler Mall (where else?!) for a b-day celebration for Mason & Madeline. They opted to go to Disneyland instead of having a party (smart kids!) so we met for some play, shopping and a birthday lunch at California Pizza Kitchen.

Pizza!!

Since we went to CPK in part for the 3 free kids meals that Mason, Madeline & Morgan received for having November b-days. As part of their meal, they each got an ice cream sundae. We ordered an extra one as not to have our March boy feel left out.


I scream, you scream, Mason screams for ice cream!


Saturday morning morning before we left for the mall, the kids put on a show using the props they had won at Marin's Chuck E. Cheese b-day party on Thursday night (Morgan's ear piece) and at a carnival on Friday night (Adam's glasses).

ROCK STARS!!

On Sunday, Jeremy & I took the kids to see "The Velveteen Rabbit" presented by Childsplay at the Tempe Center for the Arts. The kids both enjoyed it - it was an hour long and kept their attention the entire time. After we went for dinner at Z'Tejes. It was a fun family outing!

Waiting in line with Tigree. Kids were invited to bring a stuffed animal to hold during the show.

Adam fell asleep 5 minutes before we arrived at the theatre and slept until the show literally was about to begin.

We attended the Target preview of the play and Target volunteers passed out free copies of Richard Scarry's "Day at the Firestation." The next play is going to be Richard Scarry's "Busytown" --- the kids and I are going with Grammy in January.

The set.

Just to give you an even better idea of how busy this past weekend was... on Friday night, Jeremy & I took the kids to a fall carnival at a local school and on Saturday we attended cousin Kaia's second birthday party after the mall. I just forgot to bring out the camera at those events. Is it any wonder I am always exhausted?!! This week... Paige and Morgan's b-day parties.

No comments: