Tuesday, July 22, 2008

This & That

My birthday last Friday was AWESOME!! When I woke up I was treated to a blueberry pancake breakfast from Gina and the kids. Then Morgan, Adam & I headed to Tempe to meet up with our MOMS Club friends at the AZ All Star Gym. It is a gymnastics school, but they had an open gym time reserved for our group. It was a blast. The kids had a great time. One of the little boys who was there shares my b-day so when I saw cupcakes, I didn't think twice about it. Then the little guy (who turned 2) ended up leaving early, but it turned out the cupcakes were for both of us. Four of my friends had baked the delicious treats and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me - kids and moms alike. It was really touching. Then a few of us went out to lunch at Macayo's. After an afternoon of rest at home, Jeremy arrived from a week in Denver only to be left alone with the kids... I was off to Bunco! Again, my awesome friends surprised me - this time with a cake (thank you, Kimberly, for baking it - you know I love carrot cake!) and Cindy made my favorite brie complete with a Happy Birthday decoration on top. My life has truly been blessed with amazing friends... and an incredible husband and children. Although I didn't spend my birthday evening with Jeremy and the kids, over the weekend Jeremy & I went to see The Dark Knight while the kids hung out at the Harkins Play Center then we all went out to Z'Tejas. Yes, I am spoiled.
Morgan the monkey.

Lexi and Adam loved the rocking wedge.

Connor is always so excited to see Morgan and she adores him. Here they are bouncing down the long trampoline together.

Everyone getting ready for cupcakes. I still hadn't realized they were for me at this point.

Adam loves Laura! When he is grumpy, she can often calm him down when I can't.

Morgan and Anthony at Macayo's.

The gang at lunch - it was Ruby, Mary, Tina, Laura, me & our offspring.

Adam and me at lunch... I hope my 36th year is as great as my 35th birthday was!

Last night the kids had their first swim lessons of the season. We were supposed to be in a session about a month ago, but decided to go to Rocky Point and Chicago instead.... so, it is late in the season, but I am so happy we waited. Adam is a lot more confident now and Morgan is a super strong swimmer. Ms. Erin (the instructor) was impressed with how far they both have come since last year.

Adam did fantastic practicing kicking on his back. At home today, however, he told me that he can only float in Ms. Erin's pool. In our water, he will sink.

Adam diving for a ring underwater while Paige watches.
Morgan floating - she learned how to do backstroke and was doing it like a pro.

Fast forward to today... this morning I watched Drake & Ethan so Steph could go to the doctor. The kids and I had a lot of fun. They all would have been content to watch TV for the morning, but I said "Nope - you have friends to play with!" Of course, I ended up doing some entertaining as well, but (overall) they all played well together.

Little brother horseback rides.

Morgan reading to the boys.
Tonight... an EAGLE PTA meeting for me and Jeremy takes the kids to swim classes. In an hour or so I get to find out if Laura is having a boy or girl... so excited to find out!

1 comment:

Mum of Two said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Joey! I'm so happy you had a wonderful one! You ARE spoiled! I'm so envious! :)

Love you!