Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Adam's First Day of Preschool

I have to admit, sending Adam to preschool today was a bit emotional for me. I know he is ready and will have a great time - it is just hard to see your kids grow up. I can't imagine how my mom feels having 2 kids in their 30's!

When I dropped him off he wanted me to stay for a few minutes, which I was happy to do. Then one of the kids he knows started crying and screaming for his mom. That freaked Adam out a little, but he reluctantly let me go. I stood outside the door for a bit eavesdropping and he didn't start crying so I left. 3 hours later when I picked him up, he was playing with flubber and as happy as can be. Ms. Krysten told me he was one of a few kids in the class who seemed to 'get' the routine of school. He was a good listener and followed directions. On the car ride home he told me all about his day - stories, snack, songs, play, etc. He seemed very content.

I am so excited for him - this should be a fun year of learning! And I am happy to have 4 'solo' mornings with Morgan before she starts Kindergarten. We had fun today doing her nails and swimming. I value each precious moment with my two angels who are growing up way too fast.


Heading toward the classroom.

Getting his picture magnet from Ms. Krysten.

Playing with the magnet letters.


Flubber with friends at pick-up time.

Adam's first school art project. It is "All About Me" month and he decorated this cut-out. Ms. Krysten was impressed by how well he did drawing the face. One of his friends scribbled on his foot and that caused some upset, but she said he got over it pretty quickly. He is such a perfectionist so I am happy he didn't let it ruin his fun. He gave it to me and I will treasure it.

No comments: