On Tuesday afternoon my mom came over for lunch and a visit. She headed back home with Morgan in tow for a girls-only sleepover. Morgan had a fantastic time, as usual. Adam was very sad as he wanted to go with so Jeremy and I made an extra effort to make his night memorable as well. Adam and I went to Cold Stone for ice cream and then to the Dollar Store (yes, I do go there on occasion though I wish we didn't live within 2 miles of 2 of them!) where I let him pick out a prize. He picked out a bug catcher. I think he liked the net and tweezers. Then after Jeremy got off work we had dinner and went swimming. He seemed very satisified all evening to be the center of attention, but the next morning the first thing out of his mouth was, "let's go to Grammy's!" So... we did and ended up staying the entire day. She bought the kids a rock-painting kit which Morgan loved and Adam enjoyed until he got distracted. We are so lucky to live close to my mom. I wish all the grandparents lived close by (hint, hint).
Chocolate ice cream is best with sprinkles, in a cone, with lots of mess.Adam swam without his floatie suit the entire time. He was amazing!
One of Morgan's painted rocks. It is an apple tree man she painted for Jeremy.
Jump to yesterday afternoon - we met up with our fabulous friends Gina, Mason & Madeline at IKEA. It was a later than usual get-together for us since we waited until after Mason got out of Kindergarten so we ended up eating dinner there after we let the kids play in the playcenter for a while and Gina and I got (GASP!) adult time shopping. It was a lot of fun to see them, as always. They are some of the best friends anyone could ever hope for.Hooray!! Finally tall enough to join the fun in the playcenter.
Looking old and married at dinner.
1 comment:
Love the blog... old and married. That would be our two. :)
Post a Comment