Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Morgan Starts Kindergarten!!!

Our Kindergartner!

Today was Morgan's first day of school at EAGLE College Prep. She has been excited about this day for months and, unlike many of the kids (and some parents), she did fantastic.

As soon as she woke up this morning, she came downstairs with the list of before school activities we created together (i.e., healthy breakfast, brush hair, brush teeth, etc.). She happily reviewed and checked it off as the morning went on. Then, she and I grabbed her backpack and headed to school. Since the building is still not quite done (hopefully tomorrow or Thursday), they had a school 'camp' day at a local banquet hall.
On the way to school Morgan told me she was a little nervous only because she didn't know many kids in her class. I told her that one of the things I have always been so impressed with her about is her ability to make new friends. She smiled at that and proved me right for within three minutes of being there, she was off and playing with other kids.It was such an exciting atmosphere this morning and so neat to see all the kids in their new uniforms.

Arriving in the main hall.

After setting lunchbags, paperwork, etc. inside, they asked all the kids and parents to wait outside. They then called all the kids up by name to stand with their teacher. That was the only point I got a little choked up. But, any sadness passed, because I know that Morgan is smart enough, mature enough and all together ready to be there.

Waiting to be called up with her class.

Morgan's class during roll call.

I am looking forward to picking Morgan up and hearing all about her first day. When I left she was playing a game of Simon says and already looked to be having a great time.

No comments: