Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ultrasound

Once again I have fallen behind on posting. I do actually have some pictures on my camera that need downloaded, but that will have to be the next post. For now, I wanted to get up some pictures of Baby J3. Yesterday we went for a first trimester ultrascreen - a procedure new to me this go round - where they measure the baby's neck via ultrasound for signs of Down's Sydrome. They also did blood work which I won't find out the results of until later next week. However, neither the sonographer or the doctor who reviewed her work noticed anything of concern - i.e., the baby looks healthy.

It was the first time I've ever had a 3D ultrasound and since the baby is so small - only approx 2 1/2 inches at this point - s/he isn't very developed and since looks pretty extraterrestrial. The brain still is forming partially outside the skull so it almost looks like a vampire haircut. Still a cutie to me though. :)

Today I went for my regular OB appt and the baby's heartbeat is strong - 160 - and all seems well. I go back in 4 weeks for another check-up and then on December 8 we get to find out the tie breaker - will it be a boy or a girl?????????


No comments: