Today was another eventful day. We started off the morning with our last MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting of the year. MOPS meets 2x a month during the school year. It is a nice change from MOMS Club because the kids are taken care of by volunteers from the church while the moms get together for a guest speaker, food and rejuvenation. I am not sure if I will go often next year because Morgan will be in Kindergarten and Adam will be in preschool on Thursday mornings. As much as I enjoy the fellowship of MOPS, I am pretty sure I am going to relish my alone time two mornings a week starting in the fall.
After MOPS we headed straight over to Chandler Mall to meet Gina, Mason & Madeline. We hung out at the play area for a while then grabbed a bite at California Pizza Kitchen. We decided to just get a grown-up sized pizza for us to share with the kids and a salad to split. That backfired. There wasn't enough pizza for the kids let alone Gina and me. Note to reader: CPK pizzas are actually pretty small! But, we had fun. The kids were wild. They really get nutty when they see each other. The four of them have been friends forever and they are so themselves and so crazy it is exhausting and yet fun to watch. After lunch, we hit a couple stores then the kids wanted to go to "the playplace with the kitchen stuff". They meant Pottery Barn Kids. We had to ask them to refrain from calling it the playplace in the store. LOL
The 3 M's posing by the fountain at Chandler Mall.
The kids enjoyed getting wet by the fountain.
Life is good. We have wonderful friends. And I have a terrific hubby who I am looking forward to coming home tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment