Today was a rainy and terrific day. It started with me waking up at 9:30 AM, going to Curves... wait, did I mention that the kids were at Grammy's and Jeremy is just now heading home from Denver? Yep - I had almost 24 hours to myself! My mom was nice enough to have us over for lunch and play yesterday and then to keep the kids overnight. I didn't pick them up until Morgan's schooltime today. Yesterday I went shopping, watched a movie, attended an HOA mtg (darn that civic duty for sucking an hour and a half out of my time! (LOL)) and caught up on some TV shows. It was incredibly relaxing. I stayed up late and then (gasp) was able to sleep through the night uninterrupted. It was sooooo amazing (thank you, thank you, thank you Mom!). The kids had fun too. They love going to Grammy & Grampy's where there is dessert every night, fun and games and they are the stars.
Yesterday cousin Sydney also came over to play at Grammy's. My mom presented us each with a water gun. She had bought them figuring our 110 degree weather was here to stay, but thankfully it hasn't. Here are a few pictures of our water fight before the rain began.
Filling the weapons.
Stick 'em up!
Today after school the kids and I made brownies for our new next door neighbors and played outside in the rain.
First step - add the ingredients.
Next think Dora and "Bate, Bate, Chocolate (choc-o-latte). Mix that chocolate, chocolate (choc-o-latte)."
Most importantly, test the batter.
Brrrrr.... it's cold out here!
Listening to the drip, drop, drip, drip, drop.
Life is fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment