Thursday, May 29, 2008

Morgan Rollerskates & Adam Bikes

First things first - Happy Birthday to two great women - My incredible Mom and my friend and our outstanding MOMS Club President, Jen A.!

Today I woke up feeling kind of crummy so the kids and I stuck close to home. Morgan really, really, really wanted to buy rollerskates after trying on a pair at Mason & Madeline's house, but she was out of money. I made a deal with her that if she helped me clean the house this morning to earn money, I would lend her the rest until she helped me clean again next week before Gramma Sue & Grampa Lou visit. She worked very hard and was a big help so I took her and Adam to Target and bought her some skates. I also bought both kids new helmets since their old ones didn't fit well. Adam bought himself a whole new set of Cars characters with his birthday gift card from Aunt Megan and we also got him a horn for his bike. Jeremy made a good point that since I lent Morgan the money our "5 year old is already in debt." I do want to teach her financial responsibility so it was food for thought. This time, I will just be sure to hold her to her commitment to help repay her share of the cost.

After we got home from the store, the kids tried out their new gear in the hallway. They were great! Morgan loves her new skates and Adam has mastered his bike... except maybe braking... next clean-up of the house will include repainting the wall by the door where he bumped a couple times. :)
New skates and Disney Princesses helmet.

New Thomas the Tank Engine helmet and horn.

No comments: