Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dinner & A Movie

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Things have been kind of crazy. We've had a good week so far starting with Morgan and I attending her first high school musical "Fiddler on the Roof" at Arizona Lutheran Academy on Sunday afternoon. It was a 3 hour play, but she sat through and listened and loved it. In fact, she was not only singing the songs the next day, but doing the same arm movements the actors had! Unfortunately I forgot my camera, but I have a strong feeling that Morgan is going to be just like me in her love of musical theatre so there will be plenty more such outings in the future.
Fortunately I did have my camera with me (and charged) yesterday afternoon on my date with the kids. Jeremy is in NY so I thought I'd take them out for a day on the town. First, we went to see Nim's Island. It was a cute movie. Some of the concepts were a bit over their heads, but there was no violence or swearing and they both sat quietly through the entire flick. I am a huge Jodie Foster fan so, of course, I enjoyed being able to see a new release of hers in the theatre - over the past few years it has been wait for DVD - and Abigail Breslin is adorable. We thought her character, Nim, was very brave and Morgan said she was "sneaky from those Bucaneers" (see the movie to understand!).

Posing in the lobby by Kung Fu Panda - We are excited to see this movie!

Posing with WALL-E... this is one kid movie I could skip.


After the movie will killed time putzing around Hobby Lobby and getting the car washed because "Red" the Robin was due to be at Red Robin restaurant that night and the kids had their hearts set on seeing him. They love going there to eat, but we almost always end up going on days when Red isn't making an appearance so they were very excited. We were actually done with dinner just when Red was to report for duty so we waited for him by the front door. The hostess told him to come see us right away and I mentioned to Red that the kids had planned their day around seeing him. He spent several minutes interacting with the kids and even started to follow us out to the parking lot after we said goodbye. Adam was a bit freaked out by this last act of attention!

Playing with treasures at Hobby Lobby. Morgan bought herself some flowers to play bride and Adam found a measuring tape.


Happy to see Red!

1 comment:

jenanderson said...

Looks like you had a fun day. I can't wait until TC will sit through a movie.
Jen