Saturday, April 5, 2008

San Francisco

It was a glorious getaway for Jeremy and I (thank you Grammy!) to San Francisco in March. Jeremy had a conference in Santa Clara and I was lucky enough to be able to tag along with him for a couple of days. We flew into San Fran on Sunday and spent the day exploring. The best part of our first day.... our Segway tour! Jeremy was the best in the class - a real natural. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but then I felt pretty comfortable. It was such an awesome experience. I hope to do it again someday. We went along the Wharf, through some of the neighborhoods and to the beautiful Palace of Fine Arts.


On Monday, Jeremy had to start his conference, but I headed back to the city to check out some more of the sites. I visited Alcatraz where I had a fantastic tour guide and had a chance to meet a woman who had grown up on the island when her father was the warden. I also went shopping near Haight & Ashbury where I got a cute shirt and got to feel trendy for a few minutes. Then I just had to stop by Boudin Bakery on the Wharf and Ghiradelli Square. After all my exploring, I headed downtown to shop and wait for Jeremy who took the train in from Santa Clara to meet me for dinner. We at at a vegan restaurant, Millenium. It was amazing! Kathie had bought me the Millenium cookbook back in 2000 and it was incredible to actually get to eat there.

I really hope to go back to San Fran someday and spend more time exploring. I just love big cities. So much history!

No comments: