Back again at my new favorite coffee shop, Giuseppi’s, where the latte is excellent, the food is delicious and you can’t imagine a friendlier staff. The two women who work here, Norma and Cristina are sisters and good friends of my mom. In fact, last night they came over to the house with their daughters, Ary and Alex, to play Mexican Train Dominoes. Adam fell asleep just after they arrived, but Morgan stayed up late helping me and we all had a great time. We had a decadent German Chocolate cake from Candy Cake – a local shop around the corner from Grammy’s house. I am quite sure I’ve gained 5 lbs since we’ve been here. The food is so rich and delicious.
Dinner at El Capitan
Last night we ate at El Capitan, which, according to Grammy's legend (for Adam's benefit), is a former lookout for ‘pirates’ wishing to steal from the shrimping boats. In honor of the occasion, Adam decided to wear his pirate costume. He didn’t have his eyepatch or hat, but there was no mistaking who he was and he received several comments of admiration. The view was incredible. It was a bit windy and chilly, but it was worth sitting outside for the view. The food… well, I could handle eating their quesadillas, pico de gallo and quacamole for every meal.
Morgan has been amazing this trip. So polite and helpful. I am so proud of her – she is getting so big. I will be sad when she goes to Kindergarten in the fall, but I know she is ready and is going to have an amazing time. She enjoyed another hour at school yesterday with Maestra Maria Luisa. She worked on her shapes, reviewed her colors and learned more animals. She really enjoys learning Spanish and wanted to go back again today, but we have too much to do in our last 24 hours here. If she won’t be getting Spanish in school next year, I hope to find a place for her to continue to learn.
Morgan and Maestra Maria Luisa
The kids had a blast at the beach again yesterday. They would stay all day if the could. We ran back and forth along the shore line yelling, “FOOTPRINTS!” and making prints then watching the water wash them away. I’m sure we looked crazy, but it was a lot of fun. The water was rough and at first Morgan was skeptical about going too close. After a while though, she was right out there enjoying the feel of standing in the sand letting the water rush past her then feeling the tide pull the sand and water back. She told me, “I never knew it could be so much fun when the water is choppy.”
Today we are going to finish filling the dirt with rocks in Grammy’s back patio, shop at ‘Rodeo Drive’, hit the beach and visit with Grammy’s friend Perla and her son Edgardo. So, I’d better sign off for now. The pictures I am posting are all from Grammy’s camera so after I get home and download some of my own, I’ll post some more with a final recap of our adventures.
Spidey at the Malecon
No comments:
Post a Comment