Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rocky Point Getaway

Fun at the Beach


I am sitting in a relaxing little coffee shop in Rocky Point (aka Puerto Penasco, MX) called Giuseppi's Espresso Shop. I just tried Sugar Free Coconut Syrup for the first time in my decaf non-fat latte. It was amazing!! I love it here and will definitely be a regular during future visits to RP. So... what am I doing here? Well... Grammy (Nancy) owns a house here and invited the kids and I for a getaway. I hadn't realized how much we needed it. Life in AZ is great, but it is very go-go-go. The kids and I are enjoying the lazy days. We've been to the beach, to restaurants with incredible views and have slept at least 10 hours straight a night!! If you know us well, you'll know that this is unheard of. Our first night we actually slept from 9 pm - 9 am. Talk about refreshing. This morning we are going to help Grammy landscape her back patio. Then we'll have some lunch and drop Morgan and Grammy off at Spanish school. We all went to school yesterday and Morgan asked if she could go back again. But of course! I have always joked that my mom knows everyone in Phoenix. Now I have to say "and Rocky Point" - she knows the vendors at the Malacon, the teachers, the coffee shop owners, her neighbors. And she doesn't just know them - they know her and are excited to see her and visit.

Dinner at The Friendly Dolphin



Last night we went for a walk along the Malecon (a boardwalk with shops, restaurants and public space along the water) and Adam wanted to wear his Spiderman costume. It would be an understatement to say that he was a hit. Adam is usually pretty reserved and unseeking of public attention, but he puts on that costume and eats it up! Grammy bought Morgan and Adam each a cowboy hat at one of the shops. They love them. (No pictures downloaded of this yet, but they will come soon!)

Ice Cream at Thrifty

The kids and I miss Jeremy (we weren't even off our street on our way here when Morgan said, "I miss Daddy", but he is in Denver today so we'd miss him at home too. We are enjoying ourselves and will be back to the real world soon enough.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Glad you're having fun!! I LOVE The Friendly Dolphin!!