Sunday, June 8, 2008

Catching Up

It has been a busy week so I have a lot of blogging to do... since it is late and I am tired, we are going to go with the synopsis post this time.
Our family was excited to have Gramma Sue & Grampa Lou visit this past week. We swam, went out to eat, swam, watched movies, swam.... you get the idea. :) Then, on Friday morning I headed to Rocky Point with four of my girlfriends for a moms only getaway. We had a great time! While we were gone, Jeremy, Lou, Sue and the kids went to Makutu's Island, swam, went out to dinner, swam, saw Kung Fu Panda and yep, you guessed it, swam some more. Morgan got quite the tan this weekend! Unfortunately, I took the camera with me to Mexico so I don't have any pictures of their adventures while I was gone, but the kids say they had a fun time with their Daddy, Gramma and Grampa.

Fishing with Gramma Sue.

Wii Bowling - Gramma & Grampa each won medals for their talent.

Adam loved having Gramma Sue as his audience.
Reading with Gramma.

Morgan loves her Grampa Lou!

It was a terrific weekend getaway for Laura, Kimberly, Mary, Cindy and me in Rocky Point. A big shout out to my mom for letting us stay at her place. We had a great time lounging by the pool, sunning at the beach, eating way more than we should at El Capitan, Regina's & Flavios, sipping lattes and eating bagels at Guiseppi's Coffee Shop, watching movies our hubbies wouldn't like, shopping and just hanging out together.

Looking forward to Rocky Point 2009!

Cindy, Laura and I relaxing our first evening out at El Capitan.

Mary & Kimberly enjoying breakfast at Guiseppi's.

Tonight on our way home from Mexico, my friend Cindy (who was fabulous enough to drive us all in her minivan) dropped me off at my mom's house where a birthday party was happening for my brothers Tommy & Chris. Tommy turns 24 tomorrow and Chris turned 21 in April but since he was in Tucson at school we didn't get a chance to celebrate before tonight. It was a nice homecoming. The kids were happy to see me, but not clingy as they had their cousin Sydney to entertain them and all the family to love on them.

Happy Birthday, Tommy & Chris!

Morgan in her new dress from Mexico.

Tommy's girlfriend, Nikki, found a baby bird on my mom's back porch.


Life is wonderful. I hope to get back to regular posting again soon.

No comments: