Tonight was our annual MOMS Club end-of-the year celebration. It is hard to believe that this is the third one we've had here in Laveen. It seems like our chapter just started! The party was at our house and since Jeremy left for Denver this morning, the kids got to go to Grammy's for the night. They were thrilled. I dropped them off at lunchtime then came home to clean and set-up for the event.
Sixteen moms were able to make it to the party. The theme was Awards Show and each of the moms was given a personalized award and a little trophy. I was given the "Oprah Award" for most generous. Very flattering. Some other awards included the "Eva Longoria Award for Best Dressed" to Kimberly, the "Ellen Award" for funniest to Laura and the "Dear Abby Award" for best listener to Tina. Everyone in the chapter was named something even if they weren't able to make it tonight. It was a lot of fun. We ate LOADS of yummy treats. Rather than have a full meal, we asked everyone to bring either a dessert or appetizer. There was plenty to eat. Our "Rachel Ray Award" winner, Jen B., made a delicious Greek pizza that I snuck seconds of.
Dear Abby (Tina) and I pose for a picture.
Enjoying the delicious food and fabulous company.
After dinner and awards, we watched a slide show with pictures of the kids and moms over the life of our chapter. I worked on the show for a couple hours this afternoon - much of that time working with Jeremy (via phone) on setting it all up on the tv. He is such a great hubby. I really appreciate all his tech savvy. Everyone at the party seemed to really enjoy the slideshow. It was fun to see the kids age over time. We all forget how much they have grown right before our eyes.
We also shared our favorite moments from the past year and toasted our incredible chapter. It was a great evening.
Thank you to Grammy/Mom/Nancy for watching Morgan and Adam. I haven't talked to her yet, but from the pictures she sent (below), I am guessing they had a great time!!
Playing with the animals.
Keeping cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment