Thursday, June 12, 2008

Movies, Food & Legos!

Today we met Gina, Mason & Madeline at the mall for a special adventure. The kids went to the Harkins Play Area while Gina & I went to see "Sex & the City". It was a real mid-week treat! Mason & Madeline hadn't been to the kid-watch there before, but they were excited to check it out and did great. Adam was a little hesitant at first, but as soon as he found the Star Wars computer game (dare I ask) he was happy. They watched "101 Dalmations", did crafts, ate popcorn and had fun. Meanwhile, Gina and I were laughing, crying and thoroughly enjoying the grown-up movie. It felt like a whole season of SATC packed into 2 hours - so much happened and while I am not sure how I feel about some of it, it was definitely a great movie.

After the movie, we headed to our favorite haunt, Wildflower Cafe. Today they had their Vegetarian Rice and Spicy Lentil soup - YUMMY! The kids were crazy, as always, and gobbled down their food quickly once we told them our next stop would be the new Lego Store.

Must we take another picture?!


Beautiful Madeline agreed to pose for the camera.



My sneaky camera on the table shot.

That isn't salt you are eating, is it?! (yes)

We were excited to discover that the Lego store had just opened today. The kids have been seeing the "Coming Soon" signs for months and it was a stroke of luck that we happened to pick today to go to the mall. Of course all four kids found loads of cool Legos they want to buy - race cars, Star Wars, ponies and princesses. I have to admit there were lots of things I wanted to buy as well, but I contented myself with just a couple of green building surfaces and some generic 'stock' Legos. The kids will have to save up their money or wait for birthdays/Christmas for some the fancier options. Truth be told it was so exciting that Adam had to be dragged screaming from the store when it was time to go. I had to carry him flailing his body for quite a distance then strap him in the car and listen to "I want to go back to the Lego Store" for at least 20 minutes before he calmed down. I am going to attribute it to being tired since I don't want to rule out ever going back. :)

Madeline and Adam were happy to hang out at the Lego table...

while Morgan and Mason explored all the neat choices of Legos.

On the drive home we decided to swing by Morgan's future school - EAGLE College Prep - and see how construction is coming along. We were excited to see that there is actually a building going up now. School is scheduled to start in 2 months... I am thrilled for her (and a bit jealous - I loved Kindergarten), but sad at the same time. My first baby is growing up so fast!




Hooray! We'll have a school building.

When we got home we discovered some fantastic news - Jeremy had caught an early flight home! So, instead of getting home at 10 PM as planned, he arrived home about 4 PM. We celebrated with a family swim (it was a HOT day) .


As always, I am loving my family, my friends and my blessed life.

No comments: